To visit Lake Garda is a to treat yourself to a week or two in a place of incredible natural beauty and to surround yourself with luxury accommodation, eat deliciously fresh and authentic Italian food that is fit for a king, and choose from a whole host of energetic and relaxing activities that will be sure to keep you entertained. And one of the best things about Lake Garda holidays is that you can enjoy all of this for very affordable prices thanks to the surge in popularity of the Italian lakeside destination among discerning holidaymakers.
Some of the most popular activities on offer in Lake Garda and the surrounding areas include:
• Taking an informal and relaxed tour of one of the many local towns and villages. This is a fantastic way to understand the Italian culture, cooking and way of life, and to immerse yourself so much in your holiday that you completely forget about work. Malcesine, Torbole, Riva del Garda and Limone are four of the favourite day-trip destinations, and each offers something different, from a 13th-century castle and vibrant cafe culture, to elegant historic squares and bustling restaurants and bars.
• Booking yourself onto the Grand Circular Tour of Lake Garda. This is one of the best ways to see exactly what makes up the Lake Garda area, to get a taste of the variety of shoreline towns and to take in the simply stunning scenery of the lake and its mountainous backdrop.
• Travelling a short distance from Lake Garda to one or two of Italy's most famous cities, whether you are drawn by the idea of a trip to fair Verona and Juliet's balcony, as written about so eloquently by Shakespeare, or would like to see the subject of many famous paintings, photographs and postcards as you explore the streets and canals of Venice. Both cities are easily reached by coach or train from Lake Garda, and the sights of the Italian countryside from the window will ensure that the short journeys pass as quickly as possible.
• Relaxing in your hotel and in the surrounding cafes, bars and restaurants. This is sure to keep your mind completely off work and home, and allow you to completely unwind so that you return to the UK feeling rested and refreshed.
• Experiment with some of the many energetic outdoor activities on offer, from windsurfing and kayaking on Lake Garda, to horse riding and mountain biking in the surrounding countryside. Whatever you'd like to do or try, the range of activities is fantastic, and the professional and friendly staff, combined with the breathtaking scenery, make learning a new hobby an absolute pleasure.
So, whether you're looking for a relaxing winter break complete with luxurious surroundings and plenty of things to see and do no matter what the weather, or you're looking to book your Italian summer holidays in advance, Lake Garda is a destination definitely worth considering. Choose an escorted tour to Lake Garda to ensure that you get the most out of your Italian break, and to take advantage of having your flights, accommodation and activities booked by a Lake Garda expert.
With Italy escorted tours including Lake Garda Holidays and many other locations throughout Italy such as Venice and Rome for a truly memorable holiday.